WE ARE OPEN!
With COVID 19 Restrictions easing, we reopened on the 4th July. The railway staff have been busy introducing new social distancing measures to keep our passengers safe. Prior to travelling with us, please familiarise yourself with these key points:
- Please wear a mask.
- You do not need to book in advance. Tickets can be purchased from Heatherslaw Station.
- We have added another footpath at Etal Station to help with Social Distancing measures and both stations now have a one way system to help prevent overcrowding when queuing.
- Please note that our railway room and caravan will remain closed for the time being; we will open them once further restrictions are lifted.
- Please use card or contactless payment.
- Tickets cannot be purchased from the guard at Etal Station for the time being. Please purchase your tickets from Heatherslaw Station.
- Our timetable will be much more flexible for the time being; this will allow more time for passengers to board, and allow our staff time to disinfect the train between services. The first train will be at 10:30, on an hour and 15 minute basis.
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
The HLR Team.